B.A. Media Communications
Industry researchers report consumers in the United States have gone from being exposed to about 500 ads a day in the 1970s to as many as 5,000 ads a day today. Everywhere we turn, we’re saturated with media messages trying to get our attention — which makes a bachelor’s degree in media communications from Webster University a must-have in order to cut through the clutter.
Webster’s media communications degree enables you to explore the ways humans use media and technology to exchange ideas. You’ll learn to interpret media messages, communicate effectively in context, demonstrate creative problem solving, and exhibit professional knowledge and skills that will make you a valuable asset to marketing
firms and organizations.
A communications degree offers you a balanced education that emphasizes critical thinking, communication skills and technical expertise. Following graduation, you’ll be ready to begin a career as a leading-edge producer, writer, reporter, editor or technician.
It offers you a balanced, well-rounded education that emphasizes the development of your critical thinking, communication skills and technical expertise.
Graduates with a degree in media communications have many career options, including broadcast journalism, television and video production, technical writing, scriptwriting, media marketing, research, public relations, advertising, specialized journalism and instructional technology.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
• Faculty practicing in the field, utilize the latest technology and techniques that you can immediately apply at work.
• Diverse internships in a variety of business settings help you further define your career preferences.
Successful graduates of this program will be able to:
• Interpret media messages
• Communicate effectively in context
• Demonstrate creative problem solving
• Exhibit professional knowledge and skills
•Signed Application Form
•Proof of English Proficiency:
– TOEFL: PBT 550 | iBT 80
– IELTS: 6.0
– Pearson: 53
•High School Transcript
•Essay: 300-500 word essay on a topic of your choice OR Curriculum Vitae (CV)
•One Letter of Recommendation
•Certificate of Finance showing *
•Copy of Passport ID Page
•Official University/College Transcripts (for Transfer Students)
•Some programs have additional entry requirements.
Please contact your advisor for more information.
4 years (128 Credit Hours)
- Global feature in academic programs. Globalized curriculum is our distinctive hallmark
- Academic programs engage your mind and stimulate your understanding beyond your home country and culture
- Every student experiences a global learning component
- Every student is exposed to a worldwide network of fellow students who live, work and study around the U.S., Europe, Africa and Asia
- Learn in class today and apply it in real life tomorrow
- Five schools and colleges: Arts & Sciences; Business & Technology; Communications; Education; and Fine Arts