The ACCENT Language School
was established in 1998, so it has already been eleven years that we have been offering our clients a wide range of language courses. We teach English and Polish for foreigners.
In teaching Polish we follow our own rules, which makes the number of our students grow bigger and bigger each year. Why do they choose our school? What are we like?
- we teach in very small groups: a maximum of 5 persons, thanks to which the teacher can concentrate on the individual needs of every student
- the quality of teaching is our priority – we hire ONLY experienced, creative teachers for whom teaching Polish is a passion; we prepare our own program and monitor the didactic process, conducting surveys, observations and progress tests
- we have interesting program which are adjusted to our students’ level and age.
Most important for us is the individual needs of every single client, his/her expectations and language plans. We follow European teaching standards by implementing our program in compliance with the widely-accepted levels of teaching Polish as a foreign language.
The responsibility for implementing our program, as well as for the whole teaching section, lies with our Methodology Director.
- we emphasize conversation: we know that every learner of Polish first of all wants to SPEAK. This is why we use only such didactic methods which motivate students to speak. From the very lowest levels we SPEAK POLISH ONLY!
- our school is still expanding; right now we have two locations in two different parts of Krakow. Krakow is a beautiful city and our schools match its unique atmosphere: you will find here an intimate, cozy and friendly atmosphere
- we have 10 years of experience in teaching!
(According to the Common European Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEF)
A 0 – survival
This level has not been recognised by CEF. It is used with reference to the least advanced users participating in very short courses. The course syllabus concentrates on simple everyday tasks. At this level the user familiarises himself/herself only with the basic pronunciation rules and simple phrases aimed at the satisfaction of everyday needs. The user knows about 300-500 words.
A 1 – Basic user: breakthrough
At this level the user can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly andclearly and is prepared to help.
A 2 – Basic user: waystage
At this level the user can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance. Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
B 1 – Independent user: threshold
At this level the user can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
B 2 – Independent user: vantage
At this level the user can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue.
C 1 – Proficient user: effective operational proficiency
At this level the user can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
C 2 – Proficient user: mastery
At this level the user can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read. Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.